Popular Posts

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail: Priestess of the Phoenix


(Eclair on the top left, Lucy on the top right, and shouting Natsu on the bottom)


This anime movie is pure genius! It's amazing! I just watched it last night and my feels were getting too emotionally unstable that I started to cry. Why? If I told you that, I'd spoil the whole movie. You know what, just watch the movie and see for yourselves. 

Honestly, the beginning was confusing for me but near the end it starts to make sense. The main character, Eclair, has partial amnesia so she doesn't remember that much. Eventually, she remembers everything and her whole purpose of her existence. 
Eclair's the only survivor from the ambush on Fire Village. 

If you watch the movie, you'll understand how she survived. Hint: It's something to do with the red pill thing that falls from that Aladdin looking bottle that the old man drops.

Technically speaking, Eclair's the "Priestess of the Phoenix". She travels to Magnolia with a cute chick (the actually animal not the girl, see pic above) and collapses there from exhaustion from walking. Luckily, Lucy was there and brought her to Fairy Tail.

At first, she acts kinda anti-social and rude to Fairy Tail. However, she slowly opens up and becomes really close with Lucy after that scene which I'm not gonna spoil because I'm that nice. 

Natsu x Lucy Hug Scene

Another reason why I fell in love with the movie is because of the NaLu scenes. Sorry to all you Natsu x Lisanna shippers, but I prefer NaLu. I just think they look cuter together and more suited for each other, personally. Well, that's just my opinion.

This movie was rumored to have a scene where Natsu and Lucy kiss. Unfortunately, that's not true. It was just a hug. Cue in the 'awwwww' and 'what'.

After something very unfortunate happened that made me cry, Lucy started crying really hard. Everyone was staring at her like they didn't know what to do. Then, Natsu walks up to her and you know, comforts her. 

People you may fangirl as I write down the script of what they exactly said in the movie. 


~SPOILER ALERT~


Do friends hug like this?



Lucy: N-natsu... Is magic good or is it evil? *cries* 

Natsu: *shakes head*

Lucy: Good or evil... I want magic that can stop these tears! 

Natsu: In the end, Eclair was smiling.

Lucy: Natsu!

Natsu: It'll be fine. *smiles* We're here for you! *hugs*

(Lucy really loves saying "Natsu", eh? XD)

Fairy Tail Pairings

Okay, so maybe I'm a little addicted to Fairy Tail... Who am I kidding? I am addicted and obsessed with Fairy Tail! Watching episodes daily, a movie, and reading fanfictions... Yeah, it's safe to say that I really love this anime. I give my thanks to Hiro Mashima! He's the genius behind this amazing, mind-blowing anime! 

Did you know that Hiro studied under Oda, maker of One Piece?

No wonder Fairy Tail's characters kinda looked similar to One Piece's characters... This section might include some spoilers if you haven't watched the recent episodes of ep. 100+. Before I get even more carried away with my constant blabbering, without further ado, I list Fairy Tail's Pairings~!!!

Natsu Igneel and Lucy Heartfilia; NaLu 

Don't lie, this is kinda the main couple/major pairing of the anime show Fairy Tail. Numerous scenes from OVA 4 with a Drunk!Lucy to dancing to waking up in the same bed (personal fave) to saving each other countless times! Seriously, I remember there was one couple where Lucy was fantasizing of a 'good-looking Natsu' serenading her once. Well, honestly, I think Natsu already looks pretty good-looking. ;) Don't worry Lucy, I won't steal your man.

Okay, there's gonna be like a lod full of pictures that scream NALU so I warn all you haters in advance. These pics may be the death of you.

Episode 150: Lucy and Michelle

















Well, I kept my promise right? 

Jellal Fernandes and Erza Scarlet; Jerza 

Unlike the cheerful NaLu, this pairing is a bit more... dark. These two have known each other since they were kids and are just plain adorable together as kids! They still are now, of course! Personally, this is my absolute favorite couple of them all in Fairy Tail!

Jerza for the win! OTPOTPOTPOTP~ ~ ~ ;)

As you can hopefully see, I just really love this couple. I truly believe that these two hold some kind of affection for each other at this point of the show. In the movie, Erza bought a wedding dress and Wendy saw and told Gray and Natsu.

Hehe, I was thinking, "Hmmmm... why would she possibly need a wedding dress? It's not like Jellal proposed to her, right? >:3"

Another moment is when Jellal lost his memories and could only remember Erza's name. So, why would he remember her name and not even his own? The answer is simple and straight-forward. She's important to him.

That Tower of Heaven episode (I think it was ep. 50, maybe... I dunno) practically has Jerza written all over it. Also, their childhood memories are pretty deep and rather meaningful. Even Erza admitted she had a crush on Jellal before he turned evil in the good old days.

Before pushing Erza into the lacrima, Jellal said, "I loved you."

Notice the past tense? She looked pretty shocked before being sucked into the lacrima.

When Jellal was locked up in prison, Erza cried. That red head rarely cries seriously. The scene of her crying was so beautiful and heartbreaking and so emotional that it made their separation seem romantic. (I even cried and I ain't cry easily. No tears for Les Miserables, but full tears for Fairy Tail Movie and Studio Ghilbi movies) Kinda like Romeo and Juliet. Not Romeo from Fairy Tail, but that William Shakespeare's Romeo.

Jellal even gave Erza's last name, for crying out loud! Her red hair reminded him of the word 'scarlet'. You see what I mean?

(spoiler: he said he couldn't love people of the light)

Ugh, sometimes I just want to strangle Jellal for his stupidness!

Warning: The following paragraphs below contains major spoilers. You have been warned, reader. Read at your own risk and sanity.

This is the episode where they ALMOST kiss. Stupid Jellal! These are one of these moments where I want to strangle Jellal! There were literally this close |=========| to kissing. But, noooo, Jellal just had to lie about having a fiancee and make dear Erza feel guilty. 

When he leaned forward, I was like screaming/fangirling/cheering obnoxiously with tears in my eyes. Seriously, I was that emotionally unstable. Then, Jellal just had to ruin that special moment and say that fiancee excuse. I was so angry that time that I punched my desk and the wall, hard. 

I have been waiting for them to finally kiss and Jellal just had to do that! Grrr...

Fortunately, in the manga, they actually kissed. Like actually legit. So, that basically stopped me from losing my sanity that day. 



Episode 154 - Just Enough Time To Pass Each Other


Erza: You said you got your memories back, right, Jellal?

Jellal: Yeah.

Erza: Then, about Simon, too?

Jellal: I killed him.

Erza: Do you remember about Nirvana?

Jellal: I remember. I remember that I had amnesia then. It feels strange.

Erza: Can I think of you as the "old" Jellal and treat you that way?

Jellal: That would make me happy. . . *pause* but there's still what happened with Simon. I wouldn't blame you if you kept your distance. *hands clench* And if you wish to take revenge for Simon's death, I'm prepared to lay down my life.

Erza: Do you think that's what Simon would want? You formed a guild in order to destroy Dark guilds. That's how your atoning for your sins! That's what you're prepared to do!

Jellal: I don't know. . .

Erza: What?! *glare* 

Jellal: Certainly, I created Crime Sorciere in the beginning to make amends for my sins. But, there's no way I can make up for what I did at the Tower of Heaven. What am I doing this for? I can't get out of this labyrinth  of my mind. Maybe I should just die.

Erza: *slaps Jellal* How can you talk so cowardly?! 

Jellal: I'm not as strong as you are. *looks other way*

Erza: *yells* So you can't live if you're not strong?! Wrong! Living shows that you're strong! *shakes his shoulders* You're not the old Jellal! You're not that Jellal that struggled desperately to survive! *glare*

Jellal: You're right. . .

Erza: *shocked* Why, you. . . *grabs Jellal by the collar*

Jellal: Erza. . . 

Erza & Jellal: *falls down mountain*

Jellal: *lands on top of Erza* 

Erza & Jellal: *frozen due to surprise and current position*

Jellal: You're always right. *eyes soften*

Erza: That's not true. In my own clumsy way, I live my life to the fullest. That's all. . .

Jellal: Erza. . .

Erza: I thought I'd never see you again. *cries out of one eye* *places hands on the side of Jellal's face* Jellal. . . *cries out of other eye*

Jellal: *wipes away her tears with thumb* *gently holds her cheek*

Erza & Jellal: *leans towards each other* *lips literally few centimeters away*

Jellal: *abruptly pulls Erza away* 

Erza: *gasps*

Jellal: I can't. I have a fiancee.

Erza: *extreme gasp* *blush* Oh, no. . . I, uh, I wasn't thinking. . .

Jellal: No, it's my fault. I, uh. . . I'm sorry.

Erza: R-really?! *aggravated smile* Congratulations! I didn't know! But, of course, yeah. Seven years have passed, yeah! *eyes soften* Is she dear to you?

Jellal: Yeah. . .

Erza: *smiles* Then you have to live for her sake, too.

Jellal: *smiles back* You're right.







Shortly later. . .

Meredy: But, anyway, Jellal why did you lie about having a fiancee? *cheekily smiles*

Jellal: You heard that?! *freaks out*

Ultear: Why don't you give yourself a break once in a while? *frown* Unless you mean to punish yourself?

Jellal: "Punishment" is the code for Crime Sorciere. We decided together, remember? I don't deserve to love someone of the light. If Erza is happy, that's enough for me. 

Meredy: Still, couldn't you have told a better lie? Yeah, that was low! What were you trying to make yourself look cool?

Somewhere else along the shore. . .

Erza: Jellal. . . You were always lousy at lying. But it's better this way. This is our answer. . .

Happy: Look Erza! *draws broken heart in sand* *tries to contain laughter*

Erza: *kicks Happy*

Happy: AAHHHHHH *flies in the air towards the mountains*

My feels are about to explode with intense emotions!! Why did Jellal lie?! Well, at least Erza knows he was lying. But still-!!! Stupid Jellal! The two obviously love each other!

Gajeel Redfox and Levy McGarden; Legeel/GaLe 

For some reason, this odd pairing reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. They're like literally complete opposites. Bookworm VS. Punk. Throughout the show, there are hints of Legeel. But, one crucial fact remains that sparked this pairing from the beginning.

*drum roll*



Gajeel chose to partner up with Levy during the S-Class trial.

Now, why would this Iron Dragon Slayer pair up with the resident bluenette bookworm? Well, yeah, she's pretty strong and all. But, it's deeper than that, trust me. Another thing to think about. Why did Gajeel protect Levy numerous times? Maybe, just maybe, it's because Gajeel likes Levy. Mhmm, like as in like more than a friend like, if you know what I mean.

I'm officially addicted to reading Gajeel x Levy fanfictions. I can't stop! They are just really talented online writers out there people!

I read this extremely sad fic where Levy died for five minutes. Gajeel was devastated since he wanted to tell Levy something very, very, very important. So, he sang a song and that basically woke her up and she lived. It's called "Things Left Unsaid".





















Gray Fullbuster and Juvia; Gruvia/Gravia 

This particular couple is kinda the second most popular pairing. In most of the episodes, Juvia has this love obsession with Gray and always complains about her 'love rivals' which happen to be Lucy and Erza. In the movie, she thought this villain man loved him since he said, "Look here handsome." As a result, she got extremely jealous and enraged that her water magic got really intense.

Honestly, sometimes I find Juvia annoying because she's always fawning over Gray and all.

In that Arc of Edolas episode, Edo!Gray and Edo!Juvia are opposites of Earthland Gray and Juvia. To be more specific, the "love obsession" is reversed. Gray seems to be the one fantasizing over Juvia instead of the other way around.

I smell something fishy.

Perhaps dear Hiro Mashima is planning something out for this pairing... hehe.






I just love how Gray is oblivious to her. ^ ^;

I believe this is the Edolas version of Gray and Juvia. XD

Natsu and Lisanna; NaLi

OMG I am so obsessed with this couple! Ermagerd, why is he paired up with Lucy all the time! Lisanna is Natsu's. Words cannot express this amazing couple.




APRIL FOOL'S!!!!

Just kidding, I ain't shipping NaLi. Okay, so this pairing had their moments, but I prefer NaLu. Sorry. Haha, just had to add that in since today is actually April. 1. Happy April Fool's Day~!!! Spread the pranks everywhere~ ;)

Mirajane Strauss and Laxus; Miraxus

Okay, I don't really ship this couple as much as NaLu or Jerza or Legeel, but I still like the pairing. I don't have much to say about them.... honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment